TOPIC: Knowing God
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
I Can Begin Again
by Janie Buck
Topic: Knowing God
Date: 10.31.2004

My daughter’s freshman year in college was a disaster. She enjoyed her new freedom too much, and found herself in bad company. At first it was fun. But then her bad choices crashed her life. Depression set in and even suicidal thoughts plagued her. She longed to leave Auburn and go to another university. She thought if she could only start over she would do better.

Many people are looking for the land of beginning again. There is such a place were all our sins and mistakes are washed clean and we are made into a new person. It is at the cross of Jesus our Savior.

When a person becomes a Christian they are actually born again. The new person they become is joined to the to the Lord! Paul wrote about this changed life; “When someone becomes a Christian he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same any more. A new life has begun!” (2 Cor. 5:17)

Jesus said, “You must be born again.” If you have never experienced this life change you can do it now. God made it so simple for us. We can’t work harder to be good enough to be acceptable to the Lord. No one is righteousness.

If you want a fresh start and desire to go heaven when you die, your sins must be paid for. You die for them, or accept the way God provided. He sent His Son, the Lord Jesus, who was the Messiah who took the sins of everyone upon Himself. When we ask the Father to make Jesus’ sacrifice our own, God gives us a brand new beginning. (Look at this website on Knowing God Personally if you need more help understanding this.)

If you are already invited Christ to be your Savior and come into your heart, pay attention to who you are since you were born again. God lives in you and will continually change you by His life.

Food for your new self is the Word of God. Read and study the Bible so the new you will grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord. The new you will grow strong and have power to stop doing what doesn’t please the Lord.

As a new creation you will began to hate your old sinful habits that you may have tried to stop doing. Ask God to forgive your sins and wash their control out of your life. Many things don’t appeal to us when Jesus comes into our heart. God’s way and will is life and peace. That is certainly better than our old way of frustration and despair.

Prayer: Father, please forgive my sins. I thank you for Jesus dying on that horrible cross and accepting the punishment I deserve. I do want to live to please you by my actions and reactions. I count on your life in me to give strength and power to do this. Amen.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com