TOPIC: Knowing God
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Fill The Void
by Janie Buck
Topic: Knowing God
Date: 10.30.2004

Nothing is more tragic than when a pregnant woman bears a still born baby. All the months of anticipation and joy are crushed when she finds her child is dead. Yet everyone of us was born dead - spiritually. Thus there is no purpose or meaning to life.

Physicist and philosopher Blaise Pascal said, “In the heart of every man is a God shaped vacuum that he continually tries to fill with things that will make him happy. But it can only be filled by God Himself.”

People desire purpose and meaning and fill their lives in various ways. Some make their own gods, set them up in a temple and worship them. They hope to find significance and help from their idol. Some worship dead people who devised a system of ethics. And some diligently worship a god up there somewhere in the blue that a “prophet” made up rules and regulations that would earn heaven.

In America our gods are money, fame, position and materialism. Amusement is our worship and the television is the altar.

But there is one God, the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. He sent His Son to save us from our sins. Jesus made the only way for man to reach heaven.

While Jesus walked the earth He told us who the real God is and how to reach Him. He said, the time has come that “true worshipers will worship the Father is spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and His worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth” (John 4:23,24).

It is amazing that God is seeking us! He wants to deliver us from the penalty of sin, and we certainly want to be delivered form sin’s penalty. God is the great Father and He wants to adopt us as His children through faith in His Son. No one would turn down such and offer. God’s invitation goes out to all the world.

Since you are reading this, the invitation has come to you. Will you bend the knee and confess your sins? Will you believe that Jesus died for all your sins and will forgive you? Tell Him you believe He died for your sins and He will forgive you and come into your heart and give you eternal life.

Memory Verse: "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

Prayer: Lord God, I have been searching for you but didn’t know how to find you. Now I know I must just believe that you love me and gave your Son to die for me. I invite Him into my heart and ask that I will come to know Him better every day. Amen

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com