TOPIC: Knowing God
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Real Truth
by Janie Buck
Topic: Knowing God
Date: 12.03.2004

Are there really many ways to God? There are many religions that have come up with all sorts of ways to find God. Do they really open the door of heaven so that their followers will find paradise

This may come as a shock to many but the answer is No. There is one way to reach the great Creator and Savior. A great Christian writer and teacher living now said, "The author of time, who lived in the eternal, was made incarnate in time that we might live with the eternal in view."

Jesus Christ said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me." Did Jesus tell the truth? Yes, He did. He asked the religious leaders, "Which of you can convict me of sin?" There were no takers. Everyone who tried to trap Him by cleaver arguments and tricks failed. Some who tried, went back to the religious leaders and said, "No man ever spoke as this man."

Jesus was not starting a new religion. He introduced man to the truth about God. If a person denies Jesus' message and thinks up a new way to God when all he knows is what can be seen, he deceives himself and maybe many others.

Jesus said, "I am come that you may have life and have it more abundantly" (John 10:10). When you have Him in your life you have real truth and life spelled with a capital L. If you refuse to believe Him, you are dead in your sins and will never see heaven. Or, as people say they going to meet "St. Peter at the golden gates of heaven."

I urge you to bend the knee and submit yourself to God. Confess your sins and ask the Lord Jesus to come into your heart and forgive you. On the authority of God and personal experience,I tell you that He will answer that prayer.

Memory Verse: "Come unto me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me and you will find rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:29)

Prayer: Father, forgive my unbelief. I come to you through the cross of Christ and ask Him to come into my heart and forgive my sins. Then Father, I ask that I may progressively come to know you better and better by reading your holy Bible

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com