TOPIC: Knowing God
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Evidence
by Janie Buck
Topic: Knowing God
Date: 10.31.2004

Do you wish God would speak to you like He did to Moses and the Prophets? If you could hear directly from Him it would be easier to know what to do, wouldn’t it?

Jesus told a story that shoots down those ideas. He said a rich man died and went to hell. And being in torment he begged Abraham to send someone to warn his five brothers so they would not also come to that terrible place.

Abraham replied that the brothers had Moses and the Prophets; and they could listen to them. But the rich man said they would repent if someone from the dead went to them. But Abraham said if they would not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they would not be convinced if someone arose from the dead!

That is exactly what has happened when Jesus Christ was resurrected! He appeared to the astonished disciples. And Thomas said he wouldn’t believe it unless he could put his hands in the placed where the nails were driven into Jesus’ body! He wasn’t alone in his unbelief. The Jewish priest paid the Roman soldiers not to tell anyone what had happen at the tomb. As many as 500 people saw Jesus but the Bible says some still doubted! He stayed on earth 40 days before ascending bodily into heaven.

The evidence is available that Jesus is who He said He was. The changed lives of the disciples back then and throughout the ages testify to the fact that Jesus is God’s Son and the only Savior.

No time since His resurrection have we been without people who would die for His Name. I have seen countless people who lives changed dramatically when they accepted Jesus into their heart. My own husband was the first conversion I saw. His life changed from a good man by the world’s standards to one filled with God’s love.

All we need to know about heaven and how to get there has been recorded in the Bible. And all we need to know about living a godly life is in the Bible. Read and study it and your life will have God’s peace and joy.

Memory Verse: "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." (Ephesians 4:29)

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I have accepted you as my Savior and give thanks that the Father has forgiven my sins. I want to live a pleasing life in your sight and know I can’t do it on my own. So I surrender myself to you and ask that you fill me with the Holy Spirit who will be my Helper.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com