browse by:
TOPIC: Is There Absolute Truth?
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Violence
by Janie Buck
Date: 12.03.2004

Is God going to put up with the violence that seem to be in every nation on earth? I don't think so. My reason is this: "When the Lord God saw the extent of human wickedness, and that the trend and direction of men's lives were only towards evil, He was sorry He had made them.... And He said, "I will blot out from the face of the earth all mankind that I created. Yes, and the animals too, and the reptiles and the birds. For I am sorry I made them" (Gen. 6:7 TLB).

There was one man who pleased God, Noah. "He was the only truly righteous man living on the earth at that time. He tried always to conduct his affairs according to God's will" (Gen. 6:8 TLB). Noah and his family and pairs of all animals, birds and reptiles were saved from the wrath of God against sinful man.

Now I don't know when God's righteous anger will again destroy the earth, but the Bible is clear that He will. Paul wrote about what will happen. And the Revelation gives details of exactly how God will destroy the earth.

Who then will be saved from the coming destruction? Only those who have put their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. You who are reading this probably have submitted yourself to God and asked Him to forgive your sins. But you may have family members who don't know the Lord. If you don't know how to witness to them and lead them to a saving knowledge of the Savior, go to the place on this web site on How to Know God. You can learn what you need to tell your loved ones, or direct them to the site.

"God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son so that anyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16 TLB). You can trust God for He is love and loves you. And He proved His love. "When we were utterly helpless with no way of escape, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners who had no use for Him" (Romans 5:6 TLB).

In return how do we show the Lord we love Him? Jesus gave the way when He said, "If you love me, obey me" (John 14:15 TLB). Do what you know is right, and if in doubt about an action don't do it. If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask Him and He will gladly tell you. In your heart you will know the answer.

Memory Verse: "For God is at work within you, helping you want to obey Him, and then helping you do what He wants" (Philippians 2:13 TLB)

Prayer: Father, thank you that I can call you Father because I have received the Lord Jesus as my Savior. I really want to do what pleases you, so I ask that you will lead me in the way I should go. And thank you that you help me do what is right.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com