browse by:
TOPIC: Is There Absolute Truth?
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Looking For Truth
by Janie Buck
Date: 10.31.2004

Constant research in the realm of science to find answers in every imaginable realm occupies the brilliant minds of man. The famous scientist Pierre and Marie Curie believed they could extract radium from pitchblende, and experimented with a ton to prove their theory. They are forever famous because they didn’t quit until they succeeded.

Many people are looking for truth, something that doesn’t change. The question in every heart, “Is there anyone or anything I can depend on?” Many people were fooled when Jim Jones sets himself up as the truth about God.

Jesus Christ is the only man ever born who proved His claims of being the truth. He told Pilate, the man who could set Him free or have Him killed, “... for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”

Pilate asked, “What is truth?” and tried to set Jesus free. When a riot almost broke out, he gave in to the will of the people and had Jesus crucified.

Why doesn’t everyone believe what Jesus said about Himself, for “God did not send His Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it” (John 3:17 TLB).

“... those who don’t trust Him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God. Their sentence is based on this fact: that the Light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the Light, for their deeds were evil. They hated the heavenly Light because they wanted to sin in the darkness. They stayed away from that Light for fear their sins would be exposed and they would be punished. But those doing right come gladly to the Light to let everyone see that they are doing what God wants them to” (John 3:18b-20 TLB).

I hope you don’t love your own way so much that you haven’t turned to God and asked Him to forgive you. He will forgive if you believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died for your sins. That is a one time event, asking Jesus to come into your heart and forgiving your sin. But there is an on going need to ask forgiveness for the everyday sins we all do. If you claim you don’t sin you are lying. No one can live a perfect life, but we should stop doing things we know are wrong.

There is sweet relief when we follow God’s instructions and “...confess our sins to Him.” The good news is that “He can be depended on to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong” (I John 1:9 TLB).

When my children were little and got dirty playing outside, I put them in the bath tub and gave them a good scrubbing. They were so sweet and clean when I dried them with a big towel that I hugged them.

You can feel clean too when you admit you were wrong and confess to God. Often we must ask a person to forgive us too. Unforgiven wrong actions and reactions can destroy a marriage or a friendship.

Memory Verse: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me." (John 14:6)

Prayer: Father, thank you that I can come to you and confess my sins and you forgive me. Give me grace to ask people to forgive me when I offend them. And thank you that I know the Truth, my Lord Jesus Christ.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com