browse by:
TOPIC: Spiritual Warfare
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
The Value of Faith
by Janie Buck
Date: 04.22.2006

Faith. What is faith? We begin to understand faith in God by first thinking about human faith. Little children don’t have trouble believing what their parents tell them. They believe in Santa Clause until they go to school and a big kid tells them the truth.

We believe what our friends tell us, and if they are wrong we just say they didn’t know all the facts. But when it comes to spiritual faith we falter. Yet many people believe all sorts of lies about different gods and worship them.

There is one true God who created the earth and everything upon it. There is a book that records the story of some of the people who were the first inhabitants of the earth. God spoke to them and gave them laws to obey and how they were to approach Him. The record is fascinating. All of it is written in the Holy Bible. We either believe what it says or ignore it to our eternal peril.

When we believe the record of God sending His only Son as a sacrifice for our sin and accept Him as our Savior, something happens inside us. Something also happens in heaven. Almighty God accepts us as His children. We are transferred into a family relationship with Him and the Holy Spirit actually comes and indwells us.

We become a brand new person. The change is dramatic in some people who are older when they understand the Good News that God accepts us on the basis of faith in Jesus Christ. Those who come to the Lord as young children gradually grow in faith even as they grow physically. But one thing is necessary no matter what age we are when we believe. We all must learn about God from the Bible.

We can accept every word in the Bible as fact and build our life upon it. Those who know the Lord will grow strong in faith as they read and study the Bible. There is no short cut to growing in faith. So “faith comes by hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ” (Romans 10:17).

Memory Verse: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)

Prayer: Father, thank you for giving us your Son to pay the penalty for our sins. Thank you that I am forgiven and Jesus lives in my very heart. Give me a hunger for the Bible that will increase with every word I read in your book. Thank you that my faith in you will grow as I read and study it. Amen Father, thank you for giving us your Son to pay the penalty for our sins. Thank you that I am forgiven and Jesus lives in my very heart. Give me a hunger for the Bible that will increase with every word I read in your book. Thank you that my faith in you will grow as I read and study it. Amen Father, thank you for giving us your Son to pay the penalty for our sins. Thank you that I am forgiven and Jesus lives in my very heart. Give me a hunger for the Bible that will increase with every word I read in your book. Thank you that my faith in you will grow as I read and study it. Amen Father, thank you for giving us your Son to pay the penalty for our sins. Thank you that I am forgiven and Jesus lives in my very heart. Give me a hunger for the Bible that will increase with every word I read in your book. Thank you that my faith in you will grow as I read and study it. Amen

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com