TOPIC: Anxiety
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Live In The Light
by Janie Buck
Topic: Anxiety
Date: 12.03.2004

"Don't cross that bridge until you come to it" was advice my mother used to tell me. I should have remembered it when I was worried about a lump in my breast. Before I could get an appointment with the doctor, I made plans for my children, worried about their future, advised my husband on his next wife, and planned my funeral. When I finally saw the doctor he could find no cancer anywhere in my body!

Isn't that the way life is? Many things we worry about never happen! You can't knit your life together by worry. It will not fall apart if you place yourself and all that concerns you in God's hands.

I have observed faces of older people who don't trust in the Lord. Their brows reveal that they have worried all their lives. Worry lines carve deep furrows like a farmer plowing a field in spring time.

We forfeit God's peace when we take all the responsibilities of life into our hands. If you have come to the Father through the blood of the Cross, confessed your sins, and asked Jesus to come into your heart and forgive you, a wonderful thing happens. He answers that prayer. He will continue to answer your prayers when you live in fellowship with Him,

How do you live in fellowship with Almighty God? Like the Apostle John wrote, "we are telling you about what we ourselves have actually seen and heard, so that you may share the fellowship and the joys we have with the Father and with Jesus Christ His Son." (I John 1:3 TLB).

John also wrote, "If we say we are His friends, but go on living in spiritual darkness and sin, we are lying. But if we are living in the light of God's presence, just as Christ does, them we have wonderful fellowship and joy with each other, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from every sin." (I John 1:6,7 TLB).

Memory Verse: "So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time." (Matthew 6:35 TLB)

Prayer: Father, forgive me for worrying. You made the world and everything in it, including me. I put my trust in you and rest in your loving care. No matter what happens, I ask that I will keep my eyes on you, and trust you for wisdom in how to live life.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com