TOPIC: Real Joy
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Happy Here and Now
by Janie Buck
Topic: Real Joy
Date: 11.16.2004

Recently a famous comedian who gained fame and fortune said, "I have never been happy. My whole life has been a downer." How could the "rich and famous" not be happy? Everyone who isn't rich knows they would be happy if they just had more money. Yet many of those who are rich are miserable. When they grow old their face reflects worry, fear and unhappiness.

How can a person be happy in this world? Real lasting joy comes from one Person, Jesus Christ. He said, "When you obey me you are living in my love, just as I obey my Father and live in His love. I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your cup of joy will overflow!" (John 15:11-12).

When Jesus went back into heaven He sent the Holy Spirit to take His place first with the disciples and now with all believers. Paul wrote, "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? ...for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple" (1 Cor. 1:16-17)

Paul wrote this amazing fact to all who come to Christ for forgiveness of their sins. We have the Lord Jesus living in us. But where? He is in your soul and spirit that lives in your body.

Everyone will go on living forever after their body dies. The person, the me, myself and I, never dies. The Lord lives in our "me, myself and I" and we must yield the control of ourselves to Him. Don't be afraid to do this. God is love and love always wants the best for their loved one.

You can trust that God has your interest in His heart. Our great Creator became our Savior. Such love deserves the abandoning of ourselves to His gracious guidance. When you give yourself completely to God, He may bring different parts of life to your attention and the question "Is this also mine?" With each part of life we say, "Yes, Father. I yield that to you too."

You can't imagine the peace and joy that comes with surrender of all your life to our great God and Father! Then you will not come to the end of you life and say "I have never been happy."

Memory Verse: "...offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to Him as instruments of righteousness." (Romans 6:13)

Prayer: Lord, set my mind free to serve you because I am free from the down-drag of evil. I ask for the complete redemption provided by the Lord Jesus for every detail of my life. Grant that my spirit, by the control of the Holy Spirit, will rule all I do and say. I pray that I will lay hold of every good thing which is in Christ Jesus because He lives within me.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com