browse by:
TOPIC: Change Your Mind
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Read My Mind
by Janie Buck
Date: 12.03.2004

When I was a college student I was afraid my psychology professor could read my mind! Once in class I answered a question and he complemented my answer and built the rest of the lesson on it. I was surprised and encouraged. It gave me confidence that I could drop my mask and be accepted.

There is One Person who can read our minds. He knows our every thought and still loves us. His name is Jesus Christ our Lord. We can open our heart to Him without fear of rejection. He will correct us when we are wrong and forgive us when we ask.

We can yield the old person we were before we received Jesus to the cross without fear. Don't be afraid to allow God into the deepest part of your life. He is love. He only wants the best for His beloved children. Trust Him completely. "The Lord is mindful of His own."

Our response to His great love is "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" (Matthew 22:37). But how do you do that? "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think. Then you will learn from your own experience how His ways will really satisfy you" (Romans 12:2).

I can't say it to often: Read and study the Scripture daily. That is how we know God's will and the way to live and please Him. His ways are good for you and will satisfy your deepest longings.

We must definitely yield our mind to the Cross because it is a part of our total being. We were crucified with Christ. We must act upon this fact. Look to the Cross and resurrection of Jesus and claim deliverance and freedom form all the down drag of sin.

Memory Verse: "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me" (Galatians 2:20)

Prayer: Lord, this is hard to understand. Please help me. I ask that Jesus life will occupy, sustain, defend, emancipate, strengthen, and energize my mind. Give me grace to live as the "new creation in Christ Jesus" that you created when I first knew and believed that Jesus died for all my sins. Let me understand more deeply that I am in Christ and He is in me.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com