browse by:
TOPIC: Can I Stop...?
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
How Can You Do What You Should?
by Janie Buck
Date: 12.03.2004

Do you desire to be free from the down drag of wrong things you do? Is there hope you can have power to do what is right? I have good news for you. The answer is yes to both questions. There was only one man who never did a wrong thing in his life. His name was Jesus. If He would be your firend and stay with you all the time, you could live up to your ideals. What person wouldn't want to live in fellowship with the Jesus and not fall into the trap of sins!

God doesn't push Himself upon anyone. You must confess that you need Him and ask Him to forgive you and come into your life. That makes you a Christian, or one in whom Christ lives.

A Christian will stumble because their old sin life is still alive and with them. And that is by our Lord's design! God left our sin nature in us when we are born again so that by choosing to say "NO!" to temptation, mean dirty thoughts, anger, bitterness and such things, and choosing to let the Holy Spirit be in control of our new nature we can grow strong in spirit.

John wrote in his first letter that "if we say we are His friends, but go on living in spiritual darkness and sin, we are lying. But if we are living in the light of God's presence, just as Christ does, then we have wonderful fellowship and joy with each other, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from every sin."

We will never be sinless while still in the body here on earth but we ought to sin less. That is we should stop doing things we know are wrong. How? "If we confess our sins to Him, He can be depended on to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. (And it is perfectly proper for God to do this for us because Christ died to wash away our sins.)"

When we confess our sins to the Lord He does two things. He forgives us and cleanses us. To cleanse is to wash clean.

A clear conscious is available to all who admit their sin and believe the blood of Jesus cleanses from all sin.

Memory Verse: "If we confess our sin to Him, He can be depended on to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong" (1 John 1:9)

Prayer: Father, I do want to walk with you and not be controlled by sin. I want to freely admit when I have done anything that displeases you. Thank you that the Holy Spirit lives in me and will prompt me when I stray. I will depend upon Him to show me when I need to confess my sin. Amen

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com