TOPIC: Real Joy
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Can We Change Our Thoughts?
by Janie Buck
Topic: Real Joy
Date: 12.03.2004

When a person lives a long time their character is etched in their face. Some famous people who have grown old are hardly recognizable when we see them in the media. And some old people who never had their picture in the paper have happy wrinkles and twinkling eyes. What makes the difference?

As a person thinks in his heart so is he! Our thought life is important because what we think determines our actions. If we read dirty books, watch violence or profane television and movies it sticks in our mind and becomes part of our life.

Paul wrote a letter to the Romans and said, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of you mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will" (Romans 12:2).

God has a wonderful plan for your life and it is good. You will be pleased with it. And it is absolutely perfect for you! This encourages us to trust Him with every aspect of our life.

We learn God's plan for us when we read and study the Bible. He gives understanding of His way and will through the Scripture and insight in applying what we learn to every day situations we face.

You can trust the Bible because "All Scripture is God breathed and is useful for it teaches us, shows us where we are going wrong, corrects us by telling a better way and trains us how to keep on the right track. Then the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work " (2 Timothy 3:16). We need all four of those good things given us by the Lord when we read His Word

God wants us to sacrifice our own way and follow Him, whether it means cutting out watching certain shows, or stop being angry and forgive people, and be kind instead. (Romans 12:1)

People like to please the ones they love. And God's children like to please their heavenly Father because they love Him. He commanded man to love the Lord their God with all their heart, soul and spirit. He said that for our benefit, not His.

This is the only way to live a happy and fulfilling life.

Memory Verse: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" (Matthew 22:37)

Prayer: Father, I desire that all my being will obey this command. I know you said love you and I know you want the very best for me. Real peace and joy come only from you. Give grace that I will obey your command and love you.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com