browse by:
TOPIC: Growing in Christ
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
There Is Hope For A Better Life
by Janie Buck
Date: 12.03.2004

Can a leopard change its spots? Of course not! Can a person change their self? Of course not! Is there any hope of becoming a better person and stopping destructive habits? Yes, there is great hope! But it is not a "do-it-yourself" project. Your Creator is the only one who can change you for the better.

Maybe you don't want to change because you enjoy the life you are living. But your conscience keeps nagging that what you are doing is wrong. You have made many resolutions that you would stop the things you know are wrong only to fail. New Year resolutions last until temptation curls it finger and bacons you to come and enjoy the pleasure. The after taste of wrong actions is bitter. In desperation you cry out, "Who will free me from my slavery to sin?"

Look to the Cross and resurrection! That is where the Lord Jesus Christ paid the penalty for your sins and set you free from their power. Believe that He died for you and arose from the dead so He could come into your heart and free you. Pray for freedom from all sin that drags you down.

All the power of God dwells in you in the person of the Holy Spirit. Turn to Him when temptations come.

Remember that God made you a new creation when you became a Christian. "Don't cause the Holy Spirit sorrow by the way you live. Remember He is the one who marks you to be present on that day when salvation from sin will be complete. Stop being mean, bad-tempered and angry. Quarreling, harsh words, and dislike of others should have no place in your lives. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted , forgiving one another just as God has forgiven you because you belong to Christ." (Ephesians 4:30-32)

Memory Verse: "Don't drink too much wine, for many evils lie along that path; be filled instead with the Holy Spirit, and controlled by Him" (Ephesians 5:18)

Prayer: Father, forgive my sins (be specific and name them). Thank you that Jesus died for me and that you forgive me because He paid the death penalty for all my sins. I can't "be good" on my own. I need your help so I ask you to fill me with the Holy Spirit. I yield my life to His control because I can trust Him to lead me in the right way and show me when I do wrong. Grant grace that I will quickly confess my sins because you will not condemn me. You will forgive me and I thank you. Amen

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com