browse by:
TOPIC: Growing in Christ
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Real Change
by Janie Buck
Date: 12.03.2004

We must not expect our new mind to drop out of heaven and suddenly we are some grand person. God works in us gradually as we add to our knowledge of Him. "Here a little, there a little, line upon line, precept upon precept." We grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord little by little. So don't ever stop reading the Bible and praying. It takes a life time commitment to Him. Even then we will be surprised and amazed when we get to heaven and see Him as He is.

Halfhearted devotion to God is insipid. Jesus said, "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Revelation 3:15,16). Those are frightful words but encouraging because He also says, "Those I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent" (Revelation 3:19).

Jesus stands at our heart's door and announces, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me" (Revelation 3:20). Always welcome Him into your life and affairs. He will never leave you, but we forget Him. So everyday welcome Him.

Don't be afraid of yielding yourself to God! He loves you and will reveal Himself to you if you turn completely to Him. He is worth knowing! You will never regret surrendering your whole being to Him.

Memory Verse: "Your attitude should be the kind that was shown us by Jesus Christ, who, though He was God, did not demand and cling to His rights as God, but laid aside His mighty power and glory, taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men" (Philippians 2:5-7)

Prayer: Lord, grant that I can see myself as being in Christ. And I repent of my "attitude" that is no where near His. He is my example and since He lives in me. I ask that I will be conformed to His image.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com