TOPIC: Prayer
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Living with a Clear Conscience
by Janie Buck
Topic: Prayer
Date: 01.10.2009

Christians, we are admonished to “Be careful how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil” (Ephesians 5:15). How would we put this into practice? By living moral lives. I could list sins but you know the ones that are making you stumble. The Holy Spirit doesn’t let us have a clear conscience until we ask our Father to forgive us and cleanse our life with the precious blood of Jesus Christ.

Our proof of forgiveness is I John 1:9: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” On the other hand, “If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.”

The Lord doesn’t shake His finger at us and say, “You knew better than that!” That is what parents do to their children, but Father God will not be surprised, shocked, nor throw us out when we admit our sins to Him. He will forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness! I am blessed to write this, and I pray you will be blessed when you read this great truth.

How do we make the most of our time? An old saying puts it this way: “If you don’t plan, you plan to fail.” One good way is to make a list of things you need to do and check them off when you finish. This gives satisfaction, for you can look at the day and see you accomplished the important things. Time with the Lord and prayer should be at the top of our “to do” list. Feeding our soul and spirit on the Word of God is necessary for peace and joy that enables us to face the demands of living.

It is not to late to make New Year’s resolutions. Why not put at the top of your list time in the Word and prayer? You won't be sorry at the end of the day that you did.

Memory Verse: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

Prayer: Father, thank you for this precious promise. I have ______ (fill in the blank) and I thank you for forgiving me and washing the guilt in the precious blood of Jesus Christ. Thank you for loving me and never giving up on me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit so He can enable me live the way I can only wish to live. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com