browse by:
TOPIC: Me, Myself & I Problems
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Receiving by Faith
by Janie Buck
Date: 07.19.2007

We have an amazing relationship with the Great Creator God. He actually loves us. He proved His love by sending His holy, harmless and undefiled Son into the world to take the punishment we deserve.

The Apostle Paul wrote another amazing aspect of Jesus death, ,“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live.” Every day we need to remember this and personalize it for our self.

The book “Practicing The Presence” of God explains that it can be done. Paul “practiced” the Presence so well that he wrote, “I no longer live but Christ lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).

We are very much alive, so what died when we were crucified with Jesus? The person we were before we trusted Jesus to save us from our sins died. And power of sin to control our life died. It becomes a reality in our life when we think of the cross and not only believe that Jesus died for us but we died with Him. And when tempted we must turn to God in prayer. “Father, I do not want to offend you by acting on this thought. I am depending upon you for power to resist this sin.” He answers such request.

Everything about God must be received by faith. The fact that we have been crucified with Christ must be believed, then pray for understanding. When we believe God’s Word then we know. Tell the Father, “I believed that I was crucified with Jesus.”

Crucifixion means death. Like a criminal going to the electric chair or the cowboys in old movies hanging a horse thief, death was the result. Crucifixion means a person died. Yet we still sin and must confess to God. The “secret” of realizing our death to sin through Jesus is believing and crying out for God’s help when tempted. When we fail, as we all do, immediately turn to the Lord and confess.

Start thinking about what it means that you were crucified with Jesus. Since the Bible says we were crucified then it is true! Will you choose to believe that you were put to death with Jesus? None of us feel like we are dead. Chose to believe that you were united with Jesus and died with Him.

Memory Verse: "...even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will to the praise of His glorious grace, with which He has blessed us in the Beloved." (Ephesians 1:4)

Prayer: Father, there is so much I don’t understand but I trust what you say. I believe that in your sight I am holy and blameless. I chose to believe this because its in the Bible. I don’t feel like its true but you are not a man who tells lies. I believe you.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com