browse by:
TOPIC: Growing in Christ
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Jesus / Man
by Janie Buck
Date: 01.27.2009

A note I wrote while listening to a sermon, said, “Jesus added manhood to Himself. Human nature did not take on divine nature or His divine nature take on human nature. He had both at the same time.”

This was not clear to me until the Lord opened my understanding. Jesus was God and Man at the same time! Two different identities in one body.

Suddenly the words in the gospels became clearer. For example, when Jesus said, “I am in the Father and the Father is in me.” So it was not His words He was speaking but the Fathers, and it wasn’t Him as a man just Him teaching and doing mircles, but the Father. Of course, Jesus could know directly what the Father wanted Him to do and say.

“He possessed all things as God but as man He had no place to lay His head. Through His poverty as man He made us rich.”

When we were born again we became a new person. We literally were born again! But the old sin nature still lives in us. Unless we recognize our dual nature and believe that Jesus lives in us we are prone to allow the old person we were to control our life. We are commanded to “put off the old man” because we were crucified with the Lord Jesus. So we have two personalities - Jesus and our own. Our personality is being changed to be like His as we ask to the Holy Spirit to fill and control our life.

Our old sin nature is still with us but we don’t have to let it control our behavior. When we forget God’s power lives in us we we mess up big time. Then we must confess our sins and remember that “The blood of Jesus cleanses from all sin.”

We can have continual communion with the Lord by turning our attention to Him. Believing what is written about our death with Jesus is the action required to realize we do not have to give in to temptation. We died on the cross with Jesus so we don’t have to let our old sin nature control us. When tempted, just say, “No. I don’t have to do that.”

Believing is the action we take. Faith describes the process of believing. “God with us!”

Memory Verse: "I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." (Galatians 2:20 NASB)

Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for dying for all my sins. I am not afraid to confess them to you for you already know everything I’ve ever done. I praise that the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me from all sin. I invite you to be Lord of my life. And I depend upon you to guide and direct me. Amen.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com