TOPIC: Goals
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Greatest Pursuit
by Janie Buck
Topic: Goals
Date: 12.03.2004

Have you ever figured out exactly what is your goal in life? Maybe you have a long list of things you want to accomplish, but only have a vague idea of the kind of person you want to be.

Paul had certainly thought about his goals! He was highly educated but decided that knowing Jesus Christ was the most desirable pursuit on earth. He wrote to the Philippians church, "For my determined purpose is that I may know Him and progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him. I pray that I may perceive and recognize and understand the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly. And I pray that I may in the same way come to know the power out flowing from His resurrection that He exerts over believers. I pray that I may so share His sufferings and be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death, in the hope that the spiritual and moral resurrection that lifts me out from among the dead even while I'm still in the body" (Philippians 3:10-11 Amplified Bible).

Will you dare to accept Paul's goal as your own? You will never regret it. Knowing God is the greatest pursuit in life!

A prayer expressing worship and praise says: "I will be still and know that you are God. You are the King and supreme in your authority. You are the reigning Monarch of the universe and timeless in your existence, ingenious in your creativity and have total ownership of everything living and dead.

"I stand in awe of you and I contemplate your awesome holiness, majestic splendor, blazing glory, limitless power and unquestionable sovereignty. I worship you for your flawless character, your infinite knowledge and wisdom, your absolute justice, unswerving faithfulness, unending mercy, matchless grace, and terrible wrath against sin.

"I bow my heart and bend my knees before you as I acknowledge your dazzling beauty, your fascinating personality, your incomprehensible humility, your unsearchable understanding, and your unfathomable love.

"I acknowledge that my greatest need is to have a far greater revelation of what you are really like. I ask you to meet that need. I also join with Moses and pray, 'Teach me your ways, that I may know you and find favor in your sight.' Thank you that you will answer these sincere requests. In Jesus Name. Amen."

Memory Verse: "Teach me your ways, that I may know you and find favor in your sight" (Exodus 33:13)

Prayer: Father, I want to make Paul's goal in life my own. I want to progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with my Lord Jesus. I submit myself to you as the great King who must be obeyed. Point out when I fail and thus sin, so I can repent and confess my sins to you. Thank you for not condemning me. Conviction from you is always given to help me forsake sinful ways and enjoy the freedom and peace you give. Thank you. Amen

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com