TOPIC: Anxiety
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
First Place
by Janie Buck
Topic: Anxiety
Date: 12.03.2004

Are you worried? There are so many things to worry about no matter how young or old you are. Even little children have worries. Wise parents will watch and realize their children's little problems are big to them. It is easy to set their minds at ease because they trust their daddy and mommy.

Can we transfer the trust we had in our parents to take care of us and solve our problems to our Father in heaven? Let that be your goal with all your worries. He is wisdom and understanding itself. We can put our complete trust in Him what ever our needs.

Jesus said, "So my counsel is: Don't worry about things - food, drink, and clothes. For you already have life and a body - and they are far more important than what to eat and wear. Look at the birds! They don't worry about what to eat - they don't need to sow or reap or store up food - for your heavenly Father feeds them.

"And you are far more valuable to Him than they are. Will all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothes? Look at the field lillies! They don't worry about theirs. Yet King Solomon in all his glory was not clothed as beautifully as they. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't He more surely care for you, O men of little faith?

"So don't worry at all about having enough food and clothing. Why be like the heathen? For they take pride in all these things and are deeply concerned about them. But your heavenly Father already knows perfectly well that you need them, and He will give them to you if you give Him first place in your life and live as He wants you to.(Matthew 6:25-34 TLB)

If you are reading this on your computer, you probably don't worry about food, drink or clothes. But the principle of trusting God applies to all of your life. He will help you solve your problems if you "give Him first place in your life and live as he wants you to."

Memory Verse: "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:33 NIV)

Prayer: Father,forgive me for worrying about things, because it is a sure sign that I am a person of "little faith." You are God Almighty and you know everything about me and only wait for me to tell you my troubles and concerns. I desire that my life will be pleasing to you. Please point out when I am not doing the right thing so I can turn around and do right.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com