browse by:
TOPIC: Spiritual Warfare
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
The Battle is Real
by Janie Buck
Date: 04.22.2006

Imagination is was great gift from our Father. Parents enjoy hearing their little girls making up stories while playing with their dolls; or their little boys fighting great battles with toy soldiers. Grown-ups use imagination to think of new ways to do ordinary work, and invent never before thought of things.

Our battle with the evil one is not child’s play or human invention. It is real and daily, thus we should put on the armor of God to protect our thought life. What we think comes out in words and actions.

God has given us armor because spiritual warfare is real. Always keep in mind that our strength must come from the Lord’s mighty power within us. We stand firm with the Belt of Truth buckled around our waist, and the Breastplate of Righteousness guarding our heart. Righteousness is a gift we receive by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and it enables us to correctly discern right from wrong.

The reason there is so much in the Bible about guarding our heart is that it influence everything else in our life. (Proverbs 4:23).

The bad news about our heart is that it is deceitful and desperately wicked. We need a new clean heart. The good news is that when we invited Jesus Christ into our life He gives us a new heart filled with His righteousness. There is always the daily need of confessing sin. No one lives a sinless life, but we should sin less as we grow in faith and learn the Word of God.

Our assurance that we are forgiven is found in I John 1:9: “If we confess our sin He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (Memorize that verse and use it every day)

We keep our old sinful heart in the place of death by counting on the fact that we died on the cross with Jesus. Don’t let it “out of the cage.” Say “no” to yourself when tempted. We may say, “I don’t have to think that sinful thought, or follow that suggestion to do wrong because I died with Jesus.” Then turn to the Lord and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit who gives the power to do the right thing. (read Romans 6)

Memory Verse: "Let not sin therefore rule as king in your mortal bodies, to make you yield to its cravings and be subject to its lusts and evil passions." (Romans 6:12 AMP)

Prayer: Father, thank you for all Jesus did for me. Give me help and understanding so I may live a life that pleases you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com