TOPIC: Trials
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
It's Inevitable
by Janie Buck
Topic: Trials
Date: 12.08.2004

Have you ever gotten up on the "wrong side of the bed," and everything was down hill thereafter? We all have bad days, so how are we supposed to handle them?

Glad you asked! James, the brother of our Lord Jesus, wrote, "is you life full of difficulties and temptations? Then be happy, for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow." But we don't want it to grow! Why do we have to put up with aggravating people and why do they hassle us?

God's knows we need to grow up spiritually "So let it (your patience) grow, and don't try to squirm out of your problems. For when your patience is finally in full bloom, then you will be ready for anything, strong in character, full and complete." OK! But, Father, I need grace.

Trials are inevitable. Everyone has problems. You are not the only one suffering. And they don't just happen. Our Father allows them to test our faith and He will give exact grace for every trial, also wisdom to meet them.

"If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask Him, and He will gladly tell you, for He is always ready to give a bountiful supply of wisdom to all who ask Him; He will not resent it. But when you ask Him, be sure that you really expect Him to tell you, for a doubtful mind will be as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind; and every decision you then make will be uncertain, as you turn first this way, and then that. If you don't ask with faith, don't expect the Lord to give you any solid answer."

(All these quotes are from the first chapter of James)

Don't passively wait for the answer to drop out of the sky. Open your Bible and start reading. The Lord usually speaks from the page up. He has a way of taking what we read in the Word and applying it to our situation. But don't read your answer into the Word. You will know the difference in assuming a passage is your answer and the Lord quickening your understanding of His ways and will for your life. Always read with a prayer that your Father will reveal His answer through His Word.

Memory Verse: "If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask Him, and He will gladly tell you, for He is always ready to give a bountiful supply of wisdom to all who ask Him" (James 1:5)

Prayer: Father, I confess that I have tried to squirm out of my problems and blamed everyone but myself for my troubles. I didn't realize that you bring problems to test my faith and grow my patience. I ask that the Holy Spirit come to my aid so I can and will grow strong in the Lord and the strength of your might. Amen

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com